- Keep a bag packed with spare toiletries, wrinkle-free clothing and items that you would normally pack for every trip. With your “travel bag” always ready, you’re less likely to forget something, and you keep packing and re-packing time and effort to a minimum.
- Place identification (including passport), camera, laptop and any valuables in your hand luggage. You’ll feel more secure when you know these items are always with you.
- Make sure you get the proper amount of sleep – sleep helps the body to rest and rejuvenate for the next day’s activity. If you’re crossing time zones, this is especially important.
- Make sure you take the time to eat well. Try some local cuisine. Ask business associates or hotel staff to recommend some good eateries for you to try. Refrain from overeating and drinking too much alcohol.
- Make use of the exercise facilities available in many hotels as a way to ease stress that can result in headaches and other physical symptoms. Don’t forget to pack some gym clothes and shoes!